Last week I received an email from my family in Toronto that left me speechless. It wasn’t just any kind of email it, it was a 58 second Vsnap video of my dear nieces saying “Thank you Auntie Carina for the My Sweet Pea tutu’s” that I sent them last week… After watching 3x over (and tearing up with each viewing), my mind went immediately to weddings and how a video like this could be a super creative way to ask your bridesmaids to join you on your wedding day.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of speaking with Trish Fontanilla, the Community Manager of Vsnap, she shared with me some other ways that engaged couples and wedding guest are/could utilize the FREE (yes I said FREE) Vsnap service and app. Sorry snail mail, email and txt-msgs…
- A very personal “Thank You” to your guests for their gift
- A reminder to those tardy RSVP’s “Hi Uncle Mark, just wanted to check in with you and see if you are going to make it to our wedding? Chicken or Fish?“
- Guests that can’t attend but want to do more then just check the “cannot attend” box on the RSVP card
- Ask your guests to send you a msg as their RSVP – now that would make an entertaining video montage
- Brides asking their across the country BFF to be their bridesmaid
- Couples sharing the news that they are engaged (or expecting)…
The opportunity to post and share via Twitter is also included (but not mandatory).
So with all that said – Here is a little Vsnap to you from me: My First Vsnap (ps: don’t laugh)